Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Blogging Snob

You know, I'm beginning to think that the whole blogging world is made up of self-aggrandized snobs. I used to think otherwise, I used to think that the blogging world was different than the mob mentality(read: idiotic) seen in actual person to person contact. I used to have this idyllic feeling about my fellow bloggers (read: strangers) because we had the whole blogging experience in common, and we could relate.

Talk about some bullshit.

Over the course of the last few weeks, I have sent emails to fellow bloggers, posted in forums asking questions about some of my other sites, sent more emails to other fellow bloggers, and in general tried to make myself affable to the blogging community in the whole, and certain other bloggers in particular (because I like their sites). In return, I have gotten carpal tunnel, heckled on some forums for my lack of design sense, and a cease and desist letter (not really, but you get my point). And there goes my high and mighty theory about the blogging community. Oh well.

What that means though, and this could prove interesting to say the least, is that I will no longer post for the masses. I'll post whatever I damn well please, whenever I want, without editing or afterthought (or even forethought in some cases), and however much I desire. If you find that you like my style, well good. Welcome to the real world. If not, then do as the Canadian's say, and take off, eh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home