Thursday, June 30, 2005

Why do we have Wishlists?

I just started a Wishlist on Amazon.com, mainly so that I could keep track of all the new CD's that I want to buy. But as I was adding different CD's to my list, I started thinking about how many different sites have Wishlists, and what exactly are they for?

For example, I have a Wishlist on my account over at Milk and Cookies, which has less than absolutely nothing to do with why I joined the site. I don't even remember what I have on my Wishlist, but I do know that it has absolutely nothing to do with watching the latest viral video, or playing different online games, which is why I go to the site to begin with.

Are there people in this world that go around searching through other's Wishlists, and then these people will (gasp*) buy total strangers what they want? If so, how do I get in touch with these people, and show them my wishlist?

I don't think that it is possible to get in touch with them for the simple reason that they don't exist!

Or am I wrong? Have you ever had a complete stranger fill an order from your Wishlist and give it to you? Let me know, so that my continued faith in the human race is not completely misplaced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home